Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Friday, January 2, 2009

Little House on the Prairie


We got the first season of Little House on the Prairie for Christmas this year. It's AMAZING to watch it with the kids...oh how they ask questions! We just finished the first disk. Here are some of the questions and comments they've had.


1. don't they have like that texting thing...why do they have to write letters...where's the phones?


2. They drink CREEK WATER! GROSS!


3. Why don't they just use a combine?


4.Why do they take their hats off in the house?


5. why does Charles have to walk to get work?


6. They have to go to church at school! HAHAHAHAHAHA




Why do I long for farm life? For chickens and egg collecting, for horses and a garden? Why does my mind constantly day dream of huge oak trees, and apples, long grass, wild flowers and canola out my kitchen window? Why do I dream of walking up the long driveway with my huge chocolate lab running in front of me, to get the kids off the school bus? Why do I long to work in my kitchen making jam and pickles, and dainty jars of home grown canning...Why? Why do we long for what we can not have?


As a look out my window at the "for sale" sign frozen in the ground, at the winter wind blowing at at nippy -30, I long, and dream, and hope and pray...


One day...one day....


Oh Lord please help me to be patient, and to see your divine timing in my life. Help me to find contentment in where I am. Help me to understand that you see the entire picture and know what's best. I don't want to lose time in the city while waiting for the country. I wait for you Lord...

2 comments:

  1. oooh, we've borrowed the first 3 seasons... My guys loved it too. Their favourite eposode was when Pa got in a fight defending Ma's honour... You should have heard the hooting & hollering in the back of the van! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We laughed a lot today. Mr.Edwards babysat the three girls while Ma and Pa went to town on a holiday. He shot a hole in the roof cause the girls scared him half to death collecting chicken eggs in the middle of the night. It has been a neat family thing to do.

    ReplyDelete