Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday

Today is a new day. Every day is in Him. The air is crisp and it stings a little...somehow that is comforting today. How can I stay angry and hurt when I am teaching about God's love to friends, and His Holy Spirit, and How EVERYTHING in His word is ALIVE and True and REAL even today! How my heart aches, and how I need to believe that God sees me, and loves me, and cares about the things I do! Oh how I need to cling to His word instead of how I'm feeling. Below are parts from The Compass - Connecting Streams on the Holy Spirit, and some are my thoughts.

The spirit is the source of life. He is a gift. You cannot earn Him. He is given to you as a witness. He dwells within your inner being, guiding and helping you to follow Jesus.

I (Jesus) will not leave you orphaned. I'm coming back. In just a little while the world will see Me, because I am alive and you're about to come alive. At that moment you will know absolutely that I'm in My Father, and you're in Me, and I'm in you." John 14:15-20 (the message)

***KNOW THAT THE DEPOSIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS BEEN MADE REGARDLESS OF CIRCUMSTANCE OR EMOTION***

The Holy Spirit is: He is God, He came to Dwell in you, He came to convict the world of sin and Justice, He came to teach you the Truth, He came to Glorify Christ, He confirms your relationship with God, He is the source of Christ-Like qualities in your life.

"But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, He will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control." Galatians 5:22-23a

[Jesus speaking] "Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful apart from me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce MUCH fruit. For apart from me you can do NOTHING". John 15:4-5

[Jesus speaking] "But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere...and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

Oh Jesus,
Please come with your powerful Holy Spirit and bring truth, and peace. Help me to cling to these truths. I want to remain in YOU. I want to be fruitful and do all you would have me do. Help me to surrender complete control of my life to You. Help me to trust You to direct and empower me. You said - "Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will NEVER thirst - not ever. The water I give will be an artesian spring with in, gushing fountains of endless life." John 4:14 (the message)

Nothing can ever separate us from His love. Death can’t, and life can’t. The angels can’t, and the demons can’t. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can’t keep God’s love away. Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38, 39

I will rest in YOUR words and truth today Lord God. You carry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment