Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet Ashley


Last night was a very sad date night. Tory and I decided we just had to make an effort to be together, alone! So we rigged up our sitter, and left the house around 6:30. We went to the mall and guess what? It was closed. Went to silver city and all the movies had already started by the time we got there or they didn't start for a few hours. So we left. Tried Chapters down stairs...closed. I had a gift certificate to Chapters so we drove to another one, and it was open. I knew what book I wanted already, and encyclopedia on Roses. It is a huge beautiful rose colored hard covered book. They didn't have it. So I settled for another a-z encyclopedia on perennials. It was only 8pm. Now what? Moxie's? Desert and tea? Can't...trying to be healthier and not eat after supper. Hmm....
We ended up renting a movie and coming home. We got ready for bed and got comfy clothes on. Cut up apples and oranges (not quite the popcorn we would like but it would have to do)and jumped on the bed to Watch "What happens in Vegas". It was a pretty discouraging date up till this point, but we really just wanted to be together so it all ended just right.
At 10:00pm Ashley came upstairs not breathing well, disorientated, and out of it. As soon as I heard her coming down the hall way I knew. Croup. My kids are all susceptible to it. And if we went to a movie we wouldn't have been home to help her. I was so glad our date turned out the way it did right then and there. I knew it was Gods plan. Tory and I threw on our house coats and very calmly took our 8 year old baby down stairs. He wrapped her in a blanket and took her outside on the front step and sat with her. The cold air opens up airways that are closed with Croup. I got out the medicine and cough syrup. And put on my coat and a coat on Ashley and we wrapped ourselves up and sat together in the February cold. As I listened to her breathe deeply in and out...I was so thankful to be at home with her.
No hospital trip necessary because of the life experience that God has blessed us with. How Tory and I have settled into our roles as mommy and daddy. Ashley slept well the rest of the night and this morning her chest has already begun to loosen up.

Thank you Jesus for taking care of us and for your perfect timing. Thank you for sweet Ashley and that you love her so much. Help her to heal up fast so she can get back to doing her favorite things. In your precious name Amen.

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous picture and a gorgeous little girl :) - i love at home date nights, too - but i have to cocoon in my own room so i don't start cleaning and putting away - So glad that she's okay - i've had one with croup before and it was so scary :)... but we found the same thing - that cold winter air helps so much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't God good, even in our disapointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is Good
    ALL THE TIME
    God is Good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat how God works things out!

    ReplyDelete