Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shorter days

The days are definitely getting shorter.  Nothing enforces getting off your horse or out of the garden like night fall.  The past few weeks I have been wondering around my house in the evening thinking WHAT on earth am I going to do all winter long after kids are tucked in for the night?  I wish it would stay warm and light enough to be outside but the inevitable is happening and the "s" word is on its way.  I won't say it out loud yet!  I won't do it! 
So guess what I did this week at night after kids went to bed?!  BAKING! I tried two recipes that I will share with you below!  WHY?  Because they turned out AWESOME!  I think we all won't have to much trouble fattening up for the long winter ahead at this rate;)
The first recipe is Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins...YUM!  I added milk to the batter because it wasn't quite sticky gooey enough (maybe I didn't measure my flour perfect).  Here is the link which I found on Pinterest(my other night time filler and new found love!)

http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2011/04/13/chocolate-chip-sour-cream-muffins/


The second recipe is Apple Crisp.  I'm not a huge lover of apple crisp.  I think because I have never perfected it.  I find it always to mushy, too sweet...too something.  BUT THIS RECIPE!!!!  Its PERFECT!  I loved it!  YOU MUST TRY! Here is the link (thank you Natalie B for sharing your find!!!) And at this time of year, when I have 3, 5 gallon pails of apples from my sweet 80 year old neighbor to use up, it worked out just right and it's a generous size! Bake it until its getting brown and crunchy on top and you must add your favorite vanilla icecream!  YUM!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apple-crisp-ii/detail.aspx
                                          
Both pictures are taken from the recipe links...HAPPY BAKING!  And if you figure out how to stay fit with out getting on an eliptical this winter let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment