Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jevan














Today was a great day! It was a very Christmasy day filled with tradition! My mom came over this morning early and we together made our favorite Christmas cookie...whipped shortbread. We made red and green and yellow icing...green to put between the trees, red to put between the holly, and yellow to put between the star cookies. They are a whipped melt in your mouth shortbread that is a must have christmas tradition for our family.

We made the hand puppets that came in the Christmas bag from Santa that the kids got at the Jespersen Christmas party, another tradition. They were involved, and the glue didn't stick so well, but we did it! A dog, butterfly, ladybug and frog are all sitting on the table drying over night tonight so the kids can pretend and imagine with them tomorrow.

Then we pulled out the good old Costco gingerbread house kit (the gingerbread house being the tradition...not the Costco part). My mom was NOT impressed. She was famous for her gingerbread houses when I was a kid. She mentioned today that she has probably made OVER 100 of them...and as we put together the hard peices of the cookie cutter gingerbread house...she mused over ideas. How about we make 5 from scratch next year she said. 5! Yes, one for each of the kids classes, and 1 for you here at home. I will teach you, and we can do it together. We can make homeade icing Santa's to go down the chimney, and little gingerbread men to make a fence all around the house or pretzels...and crushed candy cane for the roof...

I said ok mom...sounds like fun as long as we do it together. I am sure this will be a tradition now.

Later tonight we rented a Christmas movie, watched it with the kids and I just tucked them all in.

As I got to Cole who is 6, and I told him to hurry up and get in bed cause tomorrow is Christmas Eve, I said isn't it great that Jesus came as a baby? He said "ya but Jeven doesn't believe in him". (this is a kid in his class) I said well we have to tell him! Cole said "oh he knows about Jesus mom". (they go to a school with a Christian program). He just doesn't believe in him. Lets pray about I said..."ok mom"...you start Cole..."Dear Jesus, help Jeven to change his mind about you...your turn now mom...(tears running down my face at this point) And Lord help him to know you, so he can tell his family about you..."mom pray I don't get sick to ok?"...and help Cole not to get sick Lord. Thank you for your birthday and that you came to save us. In Jesus Name we pray Amen Good night Cole

What does tradition matter with out Jesus? What do gingerbread houses mean? And shortbread? What does Bing Crosby's Melakameekemuka or what ever it is mean if you have no faith?! What IS Christmas with out the baby in the manger? What is Christmas with out your momma praying for you? What is Christmas with out the glue that holds us together...this song spills from my heart now and to me says it all...You are Lord of Lords You are King of Kings You are mighty God Lord of everything You're Emmanuel You're the great "I AM" You're the Prince of Peace Who is the Lamb You're the living God You're my saving grace You will reign forever You are ancient of days You're the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End You're my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend You're my Prince of Peace and I will live my life for you.

Thank you for Jeven this Christmas Lord...help him and his family find You...thank you for special traditions, and Christmasy things that mean so much more with You in them. Thank you for the faith of my son and that he knows You even at a young tender age.


You Are Holy (Prince Of Peace)
LyricsArtist(Band):Michael W. Smith




You are holy (You are holy)
You are mighty (You are mighty)
You are worthy (You are worthy)
Worthy of praise (Worthy of praise)
I will follow (I will follow)
I will listen (I will listen)
I will love you (I will love you)
All of my days (All of my days)


I will sing to
And worship
The King who is worthy
I will love and adore Him
And I will bow down before Him
And I will sing to and worship the King who is worthy
And I will love and adore him
And I will bow down before Him

You are Lord of Lords
You are King of Kings
You are mighty God
Lord of everything
You're Emmanuel
You're the great "I AM"
You're the Prince of Peace
Who is the Lamb
You're the living God
You're my saving grace
You will reign forever
You are ancient of days
You're the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and End
You're my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend
You're my prince of peace and I will live my live for you

2 comments:

  1. I love bed time for exactly this reason. Connecting and praying with the little people entrusted to us. I had to laugh at the Melekelikimaka (or whatever) part...I lent that cd to you when we were living in Westridge!!!Remember? 3 lifetimes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO remember! And yes...many many life times ago:)

    ReplyDelete