Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Much to say and learning how to put it to words...

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jealousy


What is Jealousy?
1.
jealous resentment against a rival, a person enjoying success or advantage, etc., or against another's success or advantage itself.
2.
mental uneasiness from suspicion or fear of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims.
3.
vigilance in maintaining or guarding something.
4.
a jealous feeling, disposition, state, or mood.

Doesn't sound very nice does it? Well...I have been feeling pains of Jealousy here and there. It sucks and I definitely am not asking for it. I don't want to feel this way!! God has been nudging me to write about it, and to dig into his word to see if I can find the root of this Jealousy. I feel a little embarrassed actually admitting to this sin. It amazes me that no matter how much I love Jesus, I am still human and have to conquer sin as we all do. No one is exempt. There are *things* and *relationships* that I have been feeling jealous about. There I said it.

The more I focus on what I don't have, what others do have that I want and can't have, the more this humanness of mine rises up. My heart is to let Jesus rise up in me, so my humanness becomes less and He can become more. Does that make sense?

The word fear, insecurity, lack of trust are all things that accompany Jealousy. These words are not ones that I would like to describe myself with. What do I have to be jealous about you might say. The truth is Nothing! I don't accept these jealous thoughts of mine at all! I pray God would even more abundantly bless the *relationships* I find myself envious of, as well as the people who have the *things* I don't. I know the closer I come to you Jesus, the less those things will matter to me. The choices I make everyday are seeds, and I choose to You! I choose:
Romans 12:12 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (The Message)
If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.
Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Father God,
Thank you for all you have done for me, a sinner. Lord please forgive me for having these jealous thoughts as I know they are not from you. Lord I know that I could never even come close to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, with out your help. Lord thank you that you are my helper, I need you. Fill me with your Holy Spirit Lord God. Jesus I choose to take these thoughts captive Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity EVERY THOUGHT to the obedience of Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5. Lord instead I choose to fill my mind and meditate on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Phil 4:8. Lord have your way in me, create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. Ps 50:10. Thank you God that I can be confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. Phil 1:6. And thankyou that you will never leave me. Hebrews 13:5
I love you Lord, and give all of these things to you.
In Jesus Name Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Way to be brave, friend! Seriously. It takes a lot of guts to put something like this out there...and you did, so good work! I love how when dark things in our hearts are brought to light, often the hold is broken over us. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You give me inspiration each time I read your blog. Thank you for your honesty and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know those feelings. They suck. And I agree it is crazy that we can love God so much but still struggle with these thoughts and feelings that we don't want.
    Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete